Addiction Medicine Fellowship
The Institute for Family Health offers a one-year fellowship in addiction medicine. A need exists for qualified and well-trained addiction medicine specialist physicians who can provide specialized treatment for patients, and who can work across a variety of settings in primary care.
Our program is designed to create champions of Addiction Medicine in Primary Care.
Curriculum and Setting
- Primary care continuity clinic where Fellows will practice full scope family medicine. While patients suffering addiction will be a large part of the practice, immediate and extended family members will receive care as well. The fellow will be considered part of the provider team for their health center and participate in cross coverage of all the practice patients.
- Outpatient Addiction Consultation visits in a Community Health Center setting, as well as participation in our Addiction Medicine Consultation Hotline, where Fellows will provide advice to their clinical colleagues on Addiction Medicine cases.
- Public Health/Epidemiology activities directed by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYCDOHMH)
- Inpatient rotations in the Mount Sinai Health System, focusing on Dual Diagnosis, Detox and Rehabilitation, and Inpatient Addiction Consultations.
- Outpatient addiction treatment clinical rotations, including one month at Realization Center and one month in Methadone Outpatient Treatment programs.
- Harm Reduction Rotations with the AIDS Center of Queens County (ACQC), providing pharmacological treatment (MAT) from their Syringe Exchange program.
- Weekly Addiction Medicine Didactics and additional educational activities (such as NYSAM and ASAM conference attendance).
- Ongoing Management of Hepatitis C infected patients until deemed independent by Infectious Disease Specialist.
How to Apply
For the 2020-2022 Fellowship period, the Addiction Medicine Fellowship and Clinical Research Fellowship in Family Medicine are collaborating for a 2-year Fellowship in Addiction Medicine and Clinical Research.
Applications are now open.
Please download the application and follow the instructions to apply. All applications and questions can be sent to Lindsay Iserman, Training and Placements Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about the Clinical Research Fellowship in Family Medicine, please visit our website.