New safety precautions at our health centers
We are working hard to keep everyone safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Here are some of the things we’re doing to keep you safe when you visit our health centers:
- We’re doing extra cleaning throughout our health centers.
- Our staff are wearing face coverings and additional PPE (personal protective equipment).
- All patients must wear a face covering while in the health center. If you don’t have one, we will give you one. This is for everyone’s protection. By wearing a face covering, you show your respect for other people and their health.
- We’ve rearranged our waiting rooms and posted signs throughout our centers to help everyone practice “social distancing” (staying six feet away from other people).
- We screen all staff and patients for COVID-19 symptoms before they enter the health center.
- We’re asking everyone to make an appointment before you visit. Depending on your needs, we may be able to offer you a telehealth (video or phone) visit, which you can do from home.
- We’re limiting the number of people in our centers by offering some services, such as mental health care, only by video or phone.
- We’re limiting the number of people in our elevators. This means you may have to wait longer. We appreciate your patience.
We’re continuing to offer telehealth services. We will work with you to determine whether an in-person visit or a telehealth appointment will best meet your needs.
You can make an in-person or telehealth appointment by calling your health center. You can also schedule a telehealth appointment using your MyChart account. If you are a new patient, you can also call (844) 434-2778.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, all staff and patients must wear face coverings while in our health centers.