We provide quality health care services that meet the general and unique needs of LGBTQ patients throughout their lives. Our family physicians, nurse practitioners, and other specialists, as well as our health educators, social workers, and behavioral health providers, work together to provide comprehensive and holistic care to LGBTQ patients of all ages. In addition to providing primary care and behavioral health services, our staff can provide health education and decision support on topics of concern to LGBTQ individuals. We are an LGBTQ-friendly health center and are committed to treating all patients with utmost respect.
All of our health centers offer a range of services for LGBTQ patients. Services include:
- Primary care, including health education, vaccinations and check-ups
- Counseling and help with depression, anxiety, coming out, family problems, discrimination, gender identity, drugs, alcohol and other issues.
- Testing and treatment for STIs (sexually transmitted infections)
- HIV services
- Testing and treatment for HIV
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) – daily pill to help prevent HIV
- Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) – medication taken within 72 hours of HIV exposure to prevent infection
- Transgender-affirmative health and mental health services
- Hormone treatment for patients interested in gender transition
- Facilitated referrals for patients-in-transition who are interested in gender confirmation procedures
We also offer health services for homeless LGBTQ youth at Ali Forney Center.
If you have any questions about the services available at any of our sites please email: LGBTQHealth@institute.org