The Institute provides caring, confidential treatment in a private setting. Our goal is to empower people living with HIV/AIDS to maintain good health. We work with you as a team to coordinate your clinical services, case management, and health education so that you can stay well.
The Institute for Family Health is committed to providing care to all individuals regardless of their ability to pay. If you are unable to pay for care, or if your insurance does not cover services, you will not be turned away.
Call today – we’re here to help.
The Institute for Family Health at 17th Street: (212) 206-5200
Family Health Center of Harlem: (212) 423-4500
Urban Horizons Family Health Center: (718) 293-3900
Kingston Family Health Center: (845) 338-6400
Ellenville Family Health Center: (845) 647-4500
- HIV medical care, primary care and urgent care from providers who are HIV specialists
- Health education and nutrition counseling
- Treatment education, including the importance of taking medication on a regular basis
- Women’s health services, including gynecology, PAP tests, family planning and birth control
- LGBT-sensitive services
- Referrals for specialty care services
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) – daily pill to help prevent HIV
- Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) – medication taken within 72 hours of HIV exposure to prevent infection
Behavioral Health Services
- Psychiatry, psychiatric evaluations, medications, and follow-up
- Help with depression, stress, and family problems related to HIV status
- Help managing relationships that may be challenged because of HIV status
Learn more about our behavioral health services.
Care Coordination and Case Management
- Patient escorts to appointments
- Help informing partners about possible HIV infection
- Transportation assistance
- HASA referrals
- ADAP applications (AIDS Drug Assistance Program)
- Help with M11Q forms
- Medicaid, Public Assistance, SSI/Disability, etc. assistance
- Substance use counseling and treatment referrals
- Assistance with pharmacy and medication home deliveries
Community Education and Outreach
- Community based prevention and education
- Community-based testing and counseling
About our funders
HIV Services at the Institute are supported by New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute, Ryan White Part A funding from the New York City Department of Health/Public Health Solutions, Ryan White Part C funding from Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).