Health Care for Teens
Teens are welcome at all of our health centers. We’re here to keep you happy and healthy. We can answer any questions you have about your health and your body, and how to get the care you need. We are also here if you just want to talk to someone.
Many services for teens are confidential and at no cost to you . Ask for details when you make your appointment or when you see us. You do not need your guardian’s permission to use these services:
- Pregnancy testing
- Testing and treatment for STIs (sexually transmitted infections)
- Testing and treatment for HIV
- Birth control
- Emergency contraception (“morning after pill” or “Plan B”)
- Counseling and help with depression, anxiety, peer pressure, bullying, drugs, alcohol, and other issues.
Why are these services confidential? It’s the law – New York State says that teen’s reproductive health, mental health and substance use must be kept confidential.
We also offer all types of medical care. You will need your guardian‘s permission for these services:
- Physical exams (regular, sports clearance & pre-employment)
- Immunizations and flu vaccines
- Hearing/vision screenings
- Sick visits
- Asthma care
- Diabetes care
- Nutrition counseling
- Referrals to specialists and dentists
- Medications and prescriptions
We can help you and your family get health insurance if you are eligible.
Find a health center near you and call for an appointment: