How to Pay for Care
The Institute for Family Health is committed to providing you with affordable, high-quality health care. We do not turn anyone away because they cannot pay for care.
What information do you need from me?
- When you visit an Institute for Family Health health center, we will sometimes ask you for your personal information such as where you live, how many people live with you, your household income, and a copy of your insurance information (if you have insurance).
- If we are helping you enroll in health insurance, we need to ask you for proof of identity.
What insurance do you take?
- We take most insurance plans. See which insurance plans we accept. You can also ask the front desk staff at your health center if we take your insurance plan. If we do not take your insurance, we can help you find another provider that does.
- We can help you enroll in an insurance plan if you do not have one. Ask the front desk for help.
- Your insurance may require referrals or permission for some services. If a referral or permission is required, we need to have it on file before we can provide you with care, unless it is an emergency.
- We can still see you even if you do not have insurance.
- If you have insurance, your insurance plan can access information about services you receive here. If you want to pay out of pocket for a specific service and do not want information about the service to go to your insurance plan, please ask for the “No Access for Health Plan” form at the front desk.
See which insurance plans we accept
How do I pay for my care?
- You pay for your care at your visit, including co-payments, deductibles, and other charges not paid by your insurance.
- We accept cash, checks, money orders, and credit cards. We charge you a $25 fee for a bounced check.
- If your insurance company sends you a check to pay for care you received at the Institute, please bring the check into our health center, or send the payment to:
The Institute for Family Health
PO Box 95000 CL #4655
Philadelphia, PA 19195-4655
- If you receive a separate bill for services from labs or pharmacies, you will pay the bill to the lab or pharmacy.
- If you cannot pay the full amount for your care, we can set up a payment plan for you.
- You may be eligible for a sliding-fee discount based only on your household income and family size. Please make an appointment with a case manager for a sliding fee application or log into MyChart and go to Billing>Financial Assistance. Learn more about sliding-fee.
Learn more about sliding-fee
If you have questions or need help, ask to speak with a case manager or call our billing department at (800) 444-6020. We’re here to help.